Prayer Azan Timing“Indeed, prayer has been decreed upon the believers a decree of specified times.” [4:103]
JumuaKhutba [ 1:00 ] - Iqamah [ 1:40 ]
“And among His (God) signs that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that you may live in tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those who reflect.“ (30:21)
In Islam, a Nikkah (marriage ceremony) is a covenant with God to honor, respect, care for and love your spouse; it is a legally binding contract. MCT is honored to celebrate with you on this blessed occasion.
The MCT Center abides by the following procedures and policies when performing a marriage (nikah), attesting marriage document or issuing a marriage certificate:
1. The bridegroom must be a Muslim. Islam does not allow a Muslim woman to marry a non-Muslim man.
2. The bride must have a Wali (Guardian) present during the ceremony. The Wali is typically father or the older brother; however, if unavailable or they are non-Muslim, then the person performing the marriage will guide the couple to arrange for possible alternatives that meets the Islamic requirements.
3. Mutual agreement (Ijab-wa-Qubul) by the bride and the groom: One matrimonial party expresses ‘ijab” willing consent to enter into marriage and the other party expresses ‘qubul” acceptance of the responsibility in the assembly of marriage ceremony. The contract is written and signed by the bride and the groom and their two respective witnesses.
4. A dowry (Mahr) i.e. a gift to the bride from the groom must be agreed before the marriage.
5. Arrangements must be made in advance (at least 2 weeks) to have the marriage performed at the Center
6. A valid State of Virginia Marriage License. Please contact your County Clerk’s Office for fees and requirements (see Virginia Marriage License Requirements).
7. Divorce or husband’s death certificate if the bride was previously married.
8. Schedule an appointment using the feedback form, and or call the Masjid’s number (757 423-8609).
Unless the above requirements are met, the MCT will not issue the marriage certificate.
On the day of the Ceremony, the marrying couple should bring the following:
1. The State of Virginia Marriage License.
2. A valid government issued I.D. card (i.e. drivers’ license, passport, or green card), or a valid foreign passport for the bride, the groom, the guardian.
3. Two witnesses with a valid government issued I.D. card (i.e. drivers’ license, passport, or green card), or a Valid Foreign Passport.
Please note that the person issuing the marriage certificate will not act as a witness.
4. An MCT marriage application (download, complete and sign the MCT Marriage Certificate Form.
MCT matrimonial services are FREE. Any donations should be made to MCT.