Attending Friday prayer or any other daily congregational prayers guidelines.
Assalaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatou Allah Wa Barkatohou,
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
I hope this message finds you in the best of Eman, health and spirits.
As Mosques in Hampton Roads are trying to open up for Jumu'ah, the Islamic Center in Norfolk is open for Jumu'ah prayer this Friday InshaAllah.
To attend the Friday prayer or any other daily congregational prayers, you MUST follow these guidelines:
1. Masks are required. No one will be allowed inside without a mask. No exceptions will be made. You need to wear your mask at all time.
2. Everyone must bring a prayer rug. This is essential as we cannot sterilize the carpets between prayers.
3. Sanitize your hands at the entrance before entering the prayer area.
4. Make Wudu at home. Bathroom access will be restricted.
5. Maintain Social distance in the prayer area during prayer, Follow the marks on the carpet.
6. Health screening will be in effect at the Mosque entrance by the security personnel and if you have a fever, or symptoms of Covid-19 you will not be allowed inside.
7. We also strongly urge those at high risk (elderly, medical conditions) to pray at home. HRCI will continue to broadcast the khutbah and the prayer on its Facebook page.
At this stage children are not allowed at the Center. Our maximum capacity in the three prayers area is 60 individuals. If we see that we have high attendance, we will schedule two Jumu'ahs to accommodate our community. For now, we will only be conducting one Jumuaa prayer at 1:00, InshaAllah.
Few other reminders:
· Remember to support the various programs offered by the Center by donating on the the MCT Paypal page at the link below.
· Join us on the MCT WhatsApp group or facebook page for more updates.
Facebook MCT Page
Facebook HRCI Group
Please keep making Dou’aa to Allah to lift this pandemic. Be patient and follow the guidelines.
1. Donate to Muslim Community of Tidewater with Paypal by clicking on Donate button or donation link,
then choose "Donate with a Debit or a Credit Card". You don't need a PayPal account to donate.
2. Donate to Muslim Community of Tidewater with our Mohid system by clicking donation link.
It is a completely safe and secure online donation system.
3. Pay AlIman school tuition by clicking on the paypal donation button or tuition link.
About Muslim Community of Tidewater
The Muslim Community of Tidewater (MCT) in Norfolk, Virginia, serves hundreds of families in Hampton Roads, Virginia. The idea of the Community Center was first conceived in September 1982. The Muslim Community Center was dedicated and occupied for use in May, 1983, and has since grown to become a regionally recognized Islamic center. The MCT has become prominent by offering services and programs for the benefit of our community at large. The Center is a volunteer-managed, non-profit organization established under the laws of the State of Virginia. While the area Muslim population utilizes most of its services, the MCT organization is dedicated to serving all human beings, regardless of faith, color, origin, and creed of the service seeker.
The MCT organization is community-supported and does not accept string-attached funding from special interest groups, foreign governments, or political parties. The member-approved bylaws and Articles of Incorporation govern its affairs. Its management includes a seven member Board of Directors and a five member Board of Trustees.…. Read More
Certificates & Applications
- 1:00 PM Khutba
- 1:40 PM Iqamah